Julie is a Texas-licensed, ASHA-certified speech-language pathologist, speaker, and consultant. Julie founded the Therapist Neurodiversity Collective on January 18, 2018, and is an SLP pioneer in the field of evidence-based, neurodivergent-affirming therapy practices.
- Social Skills “Training”: A Neurodiversity-Affirming Framework – Michigan Speech Language and Hearing Association (MSHA) Annual Conference. March 24, 2023
- The Neurodiversity Movement and Evidence-Based SLP Practices – Michigan Speech Language and Hearing Association (MSHA) Annual Conference. March 23, 2023
- Neurodiversity-Affirming Best Practices for Speech-Language Pathologists: An Overview. South Carolina Speech-Language-Hearing Association (SCSHA) Fall Workshop. October 21, 2022
- The Neurodiversity Movement and its Implications for Speech Language Therapy Practices – Ottawa Area ISD- Speech Pathologists. October 20, 2022
- An Educators’ Guide to Autism: Contemporary Research and the Implications for a Trauma-Informed Classroom. Private Event – Texas Public School Professional Development Event. September 26, 2022.
- An Educators’ Guide to Autism: Contemporary Research and the Implications for a Trauma-Informed Classroom. Private Event – Texas Public School District. August 10, 2022
- Social Skills “Training”: A Neurodiversity-Affirming Framework. SpeechPathology.com. July 26, 2022
- ABA Treatment for Autistic Children as viewed within a Neurodiversity-Affirming Model of Care. Private Event – Children’s Law Center, Washington D.C. July 13, 2022
- The Neurodiversity Movement: Implications for Autism Service Providers. SpeechPathology.com. June 21, 2022
- The Neurodiversity Paradigm, a Sea Change in SLP Practice Frameworks. Private Event – ASHA SIG 14. February 23, 2022
- Social Skills: A Pro-neurodiversity Paradigm. Connecticut Youth Services Association’s 49th Annual Conference. October 22, 2021
- Shifting Therapies towards an empathetic and respectful Neurodiversity Paradigm. Alliance Against Seclusion and Restraint. September 23, 2021
- WBAI 99.5 FM Pacifica Radio NYC, “Neurodiversity Experts Talk Interview”. April 16, 2021
- Autism from a Neurodiversity Paradigm. Private Event – TUCSON Unified School District. February 17, 2021
- Autism from a Neurodiversity Paradigm. Private Event – Kean University. October 22, 2020
- SLP Scope of Practice: Ethical Considerations for Professional and Consumer Advocacy. Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA) Annual Conference. 2020
- Autism in 2020: Overview & Important research updates. Private Events – Three separate presentations for Texas Public School Districts in the greater Houston, Texas area. 2020
Is your organization seeking a dynamic expert speaker to deliver cutting-edge, neurodiversity-affirming content that is backed by contemporary research evidence at your next conference or training event?
Julie is a frequent neurodiversity speaker, educator, and trainer who delivers high-energy presentations that challenge audiences to re-examine their beliefs about Autism and re-access outdated and damaging therapy and education practices. She’s been speaking professionally at on-site and virtual events for over a decade including:
Statewide Conferences ● Radio and Magazine Interviews ● School Districts ● Universities ● Inpatient Rehab Teams ● Pediatric Clinics ● Home Health Therapy Teams ● Parent Events ● Corporate HR Events ● Non-profit Organizations.
To connect with Julie, email her at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org