Julie is a licensed, ASHA-certified speech-language pathologist, speaker, and consultant who delivers professional development presentations to organizations centered on Neurodiversity. Julie founded the Therapist Neurodiversity Collective on January 18, 2018, and is an SLP pioneer in the field of evidence-based, neurodivergent-affirming therapy practices.
Speaking Engagements, 2020 – Present:
- The Interrelation between The Neurodiversity Movement and Evidence-Based SLP Practices. South Carolina Speech-Language-Hearing Association (SCSHA). October 21, 2022.
- Alternatives to ABA. Children’s Law Center, Washington D.C. July 13, 2022.
- Social Skills Training and The Neurodiversity Movement: Research, Lived Experiences, and Ethical Considerations for Therapy Practices. SpeechPathology.com. June 21, 2022.
- The Neurodiversity Movement: Research-Based, Empathetic and Respectful Neurodivergent-Affirming Therapy Practices. SpeechPathology.com. June 21, 2022.
- The Neurodiversity Movement and Implications for Ethical Therapy Practices. SpeechPathology.com. June 21, 2022.
Spectrumly Speaking Podcast with DifferentBrains.org, May 6, 2022.
- The Neurodiversity Paradigm, a Sea Change in SLP Practice Frameworks. ASHA SIG 14. February 23, 2022.
- Social Skills: A Pro-neurodiversity Paradigm. Connecticut Youth Services Association’s 49th Annual Conference. October 22, 2021.
Shifting Therapies towards an empathetic and respectful Neurodiversity Paradigm. Alliance Against Seclusion and Restraint. September 23, 2021.
- WBAI 99.5 FM Pacifica Radio NYC, “Neurodiversity Experts Talk Interview”. April 16, 2021.
- Autism from a Neurodiversity Paradigm. TUCSON Unified School District. February 17, 2021.
- Autism from a Neurodiversity Paradigm. Kean University. October 22, 2020.
- SLP Scope of Practice: Ethical Considerations for Professional and Consumer Advocacy. TSHA Annual Conference. 2020.
All workshops can be customized to meet the needs of the audience. Each participant will leave the workshop empowered with evidence-based current research, relevant applicable information, and creative, proven strategies to use immediately, along with a handout with links to the supporting research and numerous resources.
If you would like to have Julie Roberts present at your next professional development day or conference, please contact her at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org