Julie A. Roberts, M.S., CCC-SLP, Texas Licensed, ASHA Certified Speech-Language Pathologist
Julie is a native Texan who has resided in Houston since 1999. After a childhood spent in Simi Valley, California, as a young adult, she returned to Texas in 1990. Julie’s undergraduate degree is from the University of Texas, Arlington and she received her Master of Science in Communication Disorders from the University of Texas, Dallas – The Callier Center for Communication Disorders. Julie is nationally certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and has been licensed to practice speech-language pathology within the State of Texas since 1999.
Discourse Processes, A Multidisciplinary Journal, Volume 30, Number 3 – “Repetition in Narratives of African Americans: The Effects of Aphasia” – Hanna K. Ulatowska, Gloria Streit Olness, CaSaundra L. Hill, Julie A. Roberts & Molly W. Keebler (2000) Repetition in Narratives of African Americans: The Effects of Aphasia, Discourse Processes, 30:3, 265-283, DOI: 10.1207/S15326950dp3003_3
The E.C. Barksdale Memorial Essays in History 1993-1994, Volume 13 – First Place: M.M. McKnight Award in Texas Labor History – “Harry Weisbrod and the Founding of the American Federation of Government Employee Lodge 2132, Dallas, Texas, 1962”
- Neurodiversity-Affirming Therapy: Positions, Therapy Goals, and Best Practices
- Neurodiversity and Autism Intervention (ABA) can’t be reconciled.
- Performative Neurodiversity – the appropriation and watering down of a Human Rights Movement for profit
- Nothing about Social Skills Training is Neurodivergence-Affirming – Absolutely nothing.
- Why We Model Language and Honor All Communication, instead of Using PECS®
- On Writing Masking Goals for Autistic Middle School Girls – Stop It!
- Why Perspective-Taking and Neurodiversity Acceptance? (Part 2 of “Training” Social Skills is Dehumanizing: The One with the Therapy Goals)
- The Problem with PECS®
- “Training” Social Skills is Dehumanizing( Part 1)
- A Letter from an SLP to a Parent, Immediately After an Autism Diagnosis for a 5-Year-Old
- An ASHA Certified SLP’s Personal Perspective on Collaboration, Interprofessional Practice and ABA
Website: Therapist Neurodiversity Collective
LinkedIn: Julie Roberts, M.S., CCC-SLP
© 2022 Bayou City Speech & Language